Saturday, January 18, 2014



HOLIDAY GREETINGS FROM THE CRITTERS: 
Apologies - my original Holiday post was somehow deleted...showing "ice buckets" & chicken sweaters (photo sent from a friend - I crochet very slowly))  & more...
 
 

 
HELLO - BACK FOR THE NEW YEAR! 

Have been "offline" for some time now - going with the "flow" of a rehab project on my house (if you can call that a "flow"?)  and other family things happening, & some of the gray day blahs!  But I am back with what I hope is a great eye opener for us all (video link below).    I It is a wonderful way to "be" Inline image 8and that's what keeps me going in this lifetime when the rest of the world seems a bit mad!  And the winter a bit tough to live with....etc. etc.
 

This is also to invite you all to the first 2014 Sunday in the Gardens in Sweet Home - trying out the  "open house" style Sunday Jan 19th (anytime after 10 and until about 3 pm).  That way you can choose when you come. We can also change the day...if that helps.  Coming anytime is for convenience...all you may miss is some other folks who stop by.  This is also for my inspiration,  love to have you come to visit, if not to join in a "garden" project then just to visit.  If it is too cold, we will be inside but otherwise if there is a hint of sunshine, maybe outside....seeing what has happened to my gardens and what is working (or not)!  This is my permaculture site, and lo & behold, Geoff Lawton has the perfect set of new videos out.  Hope you will at the very least watch the video...warning he has an Aussie accent if that bugs you.  I happen to like it!

   Please do come (now or whenever you find a moment):  RSVP please - email preferred! Inline image 7


Inline image 1  Inline image 1  Inline image 2  Inline image 2   
 re: house redo (no that is not the final color), plants still alive in solar cold frame in spite of the outside temperature, Izzy on her post, lots of leaves, lots of compost mix for all !  It's a nice time for hot tea or cider and some good company!  Also there is a lot to be learned from our winter (so far) and ways to maintain sanity & gardens.  So I am prepared to do this now & in the foreseeable future, at your place or mine or....church garden or....?  Thank you all for everything you do to make this a more sustainable world!  Inline image 8

Joelee, Dolly, Izzy, chx and new resident (my daughter's cat) Sir Seamus!

P.S.  hope you have noticed the classes listed at LBCC in Sweet Home in February -    movement therapy for gardeners ..."Effortless Gardening Workshop" that Joan Clapper is offering - highly recommended!
P.S.S. taking a new tact to poll the interest....if I don't hear back from you I will drop your name off these emails for the " garden gathering" notices or any emails if you let me know to take your email off!  Your interest greatly appreciated!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment